-No Tax* ($100)
- Parts & On-Site Labor Warranty ($300)
- Free Lifetime Tech Support Plan ($500)
- Experts In Gym Design, Supply & Support
- Authorized Distributor
CALL FOR INVENTORY 888-924-4244
First Degree Fitness Horizontal Cambridge Challenge AR Fluid Rower, the Cambridge Challenge Adjustable Resistance Rower makes ingenious use of the unique physical prope, also use of the unique physical properties of water. Just as a wave can be anything from a gentle ripple to a raging ocean surf, so the Cambridge Challenge AR Rower instantly adapts from a light warm-up to a fierce Workout, by adjusting the resistance level. With water, the harder you exercise - the tougher it gets! Ask any rower!
Cambridge Challenge AR Rower has been developed in collaboration with professional rowers to deliver the feel, sight and sound of real on-water rowing. The multiple chamber, ribbed tank internals provide natural catch at the start of the stroke, and the most smooth and consistent resistance you will find on any rowing ergometer. The water level is easily varied through the adjustable resistance system to change the overall resistance profile to perfectly suit every user.
- Improved Pulley System Greatly Increases the Resistance, Tension, and Recoil Action.
- Applies Fluid Resistance Technology: Water Natures Perfect Resistance. More Resistance Than Most Single Resistance Level Competitors.
- Ergonomic Handle: Designed to Prevent Strain on the Arms, Wrists, and Hands.
- Built-in Transit Wheels: Built to Be Light and Easy to Move Around. Stores In Just 21" x 20".
- Super Comfortable Seat That Rides On Precision Bearings and Rollers for Absolute Smoothness.
- Highest Quality Anodized Aluminum Seat Rail for Smoothness, Appearance, Strength, and Durability.
- No Dead Spots: Our Rowers Offer Instant Catch Due to Our Triple-Bladed Impeller System. Most Other Rowers Have Dead Spots Which Greatly Impede On the Stroke and Flow Oa a Workout.
- Simple Assembly and Virtually Maintenance Free.
- Computer Displays: Time, Distance, 500m Split Time, Strokes Per Minute, Calories Per Hour, Watts, Interval Training, and Optional Heart Rate Reception.
- Durable Belt Drive: Smooth, Clean, Quiet (No Whirring Noises), and Built to Last.
- Solid Construction Makes this Perfect for Home Gym Applications.
- Footboard Offers a Unique Heel Support System. Instantly Adjusts to Foot Size. You Can Row in Trainers, Sneakers, Socks, or Bare Feet.
- Tank is Made of Tough Polycarbonate Shell with a Triple-Bladed Stainless Steel Paddle. Variable Water Volume From 9 to 17 Liters. This is Built to Last.
- TECH SPECS -
- Max User Weight: 300 lbs
- Dimensions: 77.8" L x 20.9" W x 20.1" H
How Does FluidRower Twin Tank Technology Work?
At the core of all FDF FluidROWERS is our patented Twin Tank technology, providing several distinct levels of Fluid Resistance regardless of the speed you row at. Our Twin Tank technology comprises the inner, passive (or holding) tank and the outer, active (or resistance) tank.
When you select a high level, water will flow from the passive holding tank to the active resistance tank as you begin to exercise, and you will experience the smooth fluid resistance, no matter what your speed.
Conversely, if you select a low level, the water will be transferred away from the active resistance tank and back into the passive holding tank, lowering the resistance. You can even make adjustments on the fly to find a load that is just right for your fitness training.
FluidROWERS largest format Twin Tanks produce at maximum on Level 10 an extra 65% fluid resistance. The XL Horizontal Twin Tank has extra-large impellers that capture more water and maximise the drag impact against the internal baffles and horizontal tank walls. The XL Horizontal Twin Tank has 20 litres of Fluid Resistance, three more litres than the standard horizontal twin tanks.
Level 1 – 10% / level 2 – 20% / level 3 – 30% / level 4 – 40% / level 5 – 50% / level 6 – 60% / level 7 – 70% / level 8 – 80% / level 9 – 90% / level 10 – 100%
FDF’s patented adjustable Fluid Resistance technology creates a challenging rowing workout for any fitness level. It allows the user to change the rowing resistance by a simple adjustment of the lever to your desired level, even mid-workout. The level of resistance can vary from feather light to Olympic challenge. Whether you are just starting your fitness journey or you are a professional athlete, our fluid resistance rowers have been designed and engineered to provide a challenging, smooth, full body workout that can be adjusted to suit your training requirements.
The water in our active resistance tank acts as a brake to hold back the multi-bladed impeller, the more water in the active resistance tank the higher the braking effect. The water in the active tank isn’t all staying in the active tank during the exercise (at any level), some of it is always being cycled through the passive holding tank. As you attempt to generate more power by increasing your speed, the water cycles faster between the Twin Tanks at a greater and greater rate to maintain a consistent amount of water in the tanks. This creates such a unique smooth action and at virtually any speed.
Air resistance works in a similar way, however the variation in the load that is possible by restricting air flow to an impeller does not create distinctly different levels of resistance, this is very obvious at low speeds.
At high speeds, the two mediums, water and air, start to feel similar except for one very crucial difference that makes adjustable Fluid Resistance so unique. When rowing, the drive phase is followed by a recovery phase, during the recovery phase air does not provide the braking force that the water in our tanks does. At the catch or beginning of the next drive phase, the air machine impeller has higher momentum and that creates the soft or no load pick up that you feel at the catch.
Essentially the resistance on an air machine can not be felt again until your speed catches up to the flywheel and you start to apply a greater force against which the air will resist. These differences are so easy for you to test for yourself, compare an FDF FluidRower against any air or water based rowing machine and you will quickly see why our patented Twin Tank Fluid Resistance system is so different; the firm catch, the smooth stroke and the consistent load, that all come together in the FluidRower.