The StairMaster StepMills are among the most effective and popular cardio machines ever made. They provide a highly effective, low impact workout and fire up the glutes and lower body in a way, that only those who have tried it can attest to it. One of those love hate relationships.
You can choose between the new StairMaster 8 Series Gauntlet which retail for around $7,300 or find a slightly older pre owned model for half the price. The oldest StepMills are the 7000PT Black Consoles, then the 7000PT Blues, 7000PT Silvers, SM916s, and the new 8 Series Gauntlets.
Here are the Top 5 Differences Between The StairMaster StepMill 7000PTs and the StairMaster SM916 StepMill.
1) Ergonomic Hand Rails: They both have replaceable hand grips with a power coated handlebar. But, the SM916's hand rails have a new ergonomic design for better comfort and more natural arm positioning.
2) Cushioned Steps: They both have 8" step heights and the same depth. The 7000PT's steps have rubber tread and the SM916's have foam protected steps on top of the rubber which will absorb more impact to the knees, hips, lower back and joints.
3) Bottom Panel Design: The SM916's bottom panel cover & power connector are designed for safer & easier access and moved 11 inches higher to avoid being cut by possible sagging stair steps.
4) Workout Programs: They both have the same type and number of workout programs except the SM916 come with the WFI Fireman Fit test and the 7000PT does not.
5) The Bells & Whistles: The StairMaster 7000PT models are not equipped to have TVs installed on the and that's probably a good thing. The SM916s come TV ready however we normally advise against them. They typically need that sloppy old school cable wiring, they're expensive & over priced and no one will cover them under a warranty. Spend that extra money on a nice flat screen for your home or gym and call it a day.
You can't go wrong with either StepMill and they actually have a lot in common. They're the same size, same 10 ft. ceiling height requirement, same type of drive train, same heart rate monitor, workout readouts & the steps per minute settings. These StairMaster StepMills are the center piece of every gym and staple in every serious bodybuilder's regime for a reason.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We have warehouses nationwide and carry a wide variety of the best commercial grade fitness equipment. The selection on our site updates daily as inventory comes and goes in container and freight trucks. Not all conditions guaranteed to be in stock.
Best to call 888-924-4244 for live inventory and Holiday Sale prices. Open from 5am - 10pm PST, 7 days a week.
Underneath the product price where it says "select condition below" you can click on the grey box and select from what's available in the drop down menu.
Fitness Equipment Conditions:
1) Clean/Serviced: They come from large health clubs and will have cosmetic imperfections due to commercial use. All wear parts on the machine have been checked and tested for defects and will be 100% functional. The Clean/Serviced condition will include no tax, 100% assembled, free shipping, and 30-day warranty.
2) Certified Pre Owned: They are hand selected from low usage settings like private owners. personal training studios and hotels. Then our technicians put them through a meticulous certification process including 40 point inspection, disassembly, new belts, new batteries, new paint, new parts as needed, full assembly, tune up, calibration and rigorous testing to ensure it's in great condition.
They include no sales tax, 100% assembled/tuned, discounted shipping, free 1 year all parts/unlimited on-site labor warranty, free lifetime tech support and 100-day money back guarantee.
Exclusive Lifetime Technical Support Plan ($499): Designed to save you time and money even after your warranty period by giving you instant access to our technician's assistance via phone, email and video. If you get an error code on your screen, machine is not turning on, or if it's making a funny noise - our techs can diagnose and fix 95% of issues without you having to wait or even pay for an in-home service call.
3) New: They ship factory direct and disassembled in the box in most cases. They include no tax, discounted shipping, full manufacture's warranty, free lifetime tech support, and 100 day money back guarantee.