The StairMaster StepMills are among the most effective and popular cardio machines ever made. They provide a highly effective, low impact workout and fire up the glutes and lower body in a way, that only those who have tried it can attest to it. One of those love hate relationships.
You can choose between the new StairMaster 8 Series Gauntlet which retail for around $7,300 or find a slightly older pre owned model for half the price. The oldest StepMills are the 7000PT Black Consoles, then the 7000PT Blues, 7000PT Silvers, SM916s, and the new 8 Series Gauntlets.
Here are the Top 5 Differences Between The StairMaster StepMill 7000PTs and the StairMaster SM916 StepMill.
1) Ergonomic Hand Rails: They both have replaceable hand grips with a power coated handlebar. But, the SM916's hand rails have a new ergonomic design for better comfort and more natural arm positioning.
2) Cushioned Steps: They both have 8" step heights and the same depth. The 7000PT's steps have rubber tread and the SM916's have foam protected steps on top of the rubber which will absorb more impact to the knees, hips, lower back and joints.
3) Bottom Panel Design: The SM916's bottom panel cover & power connector are designed for safer & easier access and moved 11 inches higher to avoid being cut by possible sagging stair steps.
4) Workout Programs: They both have the same type and number of workout programs except the SM916 come with the WFI Fireman Fit test and the 7000PT does not.
5) The Bells & Whistles: The StairMaster 7000PT models are not equipped to have TVs installed on the and that's probably a good thing. The SM916s come TV ready however we normally advise against them. They typically need that sloppy old school cable wiring, they're expensive & over priced and no one will cover them under a warranty. Spend that extra money on a nice flat screen for your home or gym and call it a day.
You can't go wrong with either StepMill and they actually have a lot in common. They're the same size, same 10 ft. ceiling height requirement, same type of drive train, same heart rate monitor, workout readouts & the steps per minute settings. These StairMaster StepMills are the center piece of every gym and staple in every serious bodybuilder's regime for a reason.
Comments will be approved before showing up.