Most models are lightweight, have transport wheels and are self generating so you have the freedom to put them wherever you want. The more expensive models normally have more workout programs and a heavier weighted flywheel (this creates a smoother and more consistent resistance). They are a very low impact workout and highly effective for burning calories and toning the hamstrings, quads, glutes and calves.
There are 4 main types of Exercise Bikes to consider before buying:
1. Recumbent Bikes: These exercise bikes put the user in a seated back reclining position similar to a car seat. They are perfect for the lazy person who wants to do cardio workouts without any hassle. They can be used while watching TV or while talking over the phone. They are ideal for anyone with knee, hip or lower back sensitivities. The large cushioned back pads and seats make them comfortable and easy on the joints. LifeFitness 9500HR is a great example of a commercial grade recumbent bike that has all the essential features and functions such as multiple workout programs/seat adjustments, calorie counter and heart rate monitor. There are also newer touch screens that are wifi compatible and have more workout programs and resistance levels to choose from. You can use the hill training programs to get the most out of recumbent bike training and use the different interval programs for lowering or raising the resistance for periods of time.
2. Recumbent Crosstrainers: They have the same seat position as recumbent bikes but the lower body movement resembles an elliptical oval shaped motion rather than a circular bicycle motion. The upper arms move back and forth for a total body workout and some models allow them to be moved independently without the foot pedals. Because of their ease of use, safeness, comfortable design and smooth gliding motion – Recumbent Crosstrainers are made primarily for senior citizens or people with serious health conditions, injuries or loss of mobility. The NuStep TRS 4000 has a smooth linear stepping motion and is considered the best rehabilitation machine ever made. They are also ideal for Physical Therapists, Personal Trainers, Hotels and Apartment Complexes with an older demographic.
3. Upright Bikes: These have a smaller seat that resembles a bicycle and will force you to engage your core while in the upright position. It’s still a low impact workout however it’s best for people with stronger midsections and lower backs who want a tougher workout. The LifeFitness 95ci Upright Bike is one of the most popular commercial grade models. They are ideal for Personal Trainers and Gym Owners who have a younger more athletic demographic.
4. Spin Bikes: Also called spinners or indoor cycles, these exercise bikes provide the most challenging workouts because of their higher resistance settings and the forward leaning position causing you to engage your upper body and core throughout the workout. The higher resistance enables you to burn fat while really strengthening, tightening and toning your core and lower body. Some models will have an upgraded monitor option that tracks your rpms, watts, heart rate and other metrics. The most popular models are the StarTrac NXTs and Schwinn AC Performance spin bike.
When it comes to finding the perfect exercise bike for your home or business – we can help. Our Gym Equipment Experts are available 7 days a week from 5am – 10pm PST. Call us now at (888) 924-4244
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We have warehouses nationwide and carry a wide variety of the best commercial grade fitness equipment. The selection on our site updates daily as inventory comes and goes in container and freight trucks. Not all conditions guaranteed to be in stock.
Best to call 888-924-4244 for live inventory and Holiday Sale prices. Open from 5am - 10pm PST, 7 days a week.
Underneath the product price where it says "select condition below" you can click on the grey box and select from what's available in the drop down menu.
Fitness Equipment Conditions:
1) Clean/Serviced: They come from large health clubs and will have cosmetic imperfections due to commercial use. All wear parts on the machine have been checked and tested for defects and will be 100% functional. The Clean/Serviced condition will include no tax, 100% assembled, free shipping, and 30-day warranty.
2) Certified Pre Owned: They are hand selected from low usage settings like private owners. personal training studios and hotels. Then our technicians put them through a meticulous certification process including 40 point inspection, disassembly, new belts, new batteries, new paint, new parts as needed, full assembly, tune up, calibration and rigorous testing to ensure it's in great condition.
They include no sales tax, 100% assembled/tuned, discounted shipping, free 1 year all parts/unlimited on-site labor warranty, free lifetime tech support and 100-day money back guarantee.
Exclusive Lifetime Technical Support Plan ($499): Designed to save you time and money even after your warranty period by giving you instant access to our technician's assistance via phone, email and video. If you get an error code on your screen, machine is not turning on, or if it's making a funny noise - our techs can diagnose and fix 95% of issues without you having to wait or even pay for an in-home service call.
3) New: They ship factory direct and disassembled in the box in most cases. They include no tax, discounted shipping, full manufacture's warranty, free lifetime tech support, and 100 day money back guarantee.